Is DockaTot worth the price?
The first time we laid eyes on the DockaTot, we couldn’t figure out whether it was designed for playing, lounging, cuddling, resting or sleeping. It turns out that this incredible multi-functional product can be used for all those activities and more.Best described as a docking station for your baby, the DockaTot creates a snug and soothing environment for your little one to play, lounge and rest in at home or on the go. The Deluxe+ is suitable from 0 to 8 months and the Grand Dock from 9 to 36 months.
Both products are Tot bestsellers and consistently sell out. Moms simply cannot stop raving about them! We spoke to some Tot moms and here are 10 reasons why they love the Dockatot.
- It reinvents the womb: DockaTot founder Lisa Furuland came up with the idea for DockaTot after she had her first child. “When my son Ilias was born in 2006, I searched unsuccessfully for an alternative to the blanket, the cot and the baby lounger,” she says. “I craved something more snug and at the same time more versatile.” Lisa wanted to create an environment that was as safe and comforting as a mother’s womb. “I wanted our docks to serve as secure place for parents to place their little ones,” she says.
- It provides a comfortable microclimate: We often think about the temperature and global climate in our baby’s room, but we may neglect their immediate surroundings known as the ‘microclimate’. The DockaTot is made from hypoallergenic materials that don’t harbor heat to ensure an optimal sleeping temperature.
- It facilitates co-sleeping: “I use the DockATot to co-sleep with my 10-week-old daughter at night and she naps in her crib with the DockaTot during the day,” says Jessica Ashley. “It’s amazing that the DockaTot lets me co-sleep and hug my daughter while keeping her safe at the same time!”
- It may even help with acid reflux: “My two-and-a-half-month-old daughter suffers from severe acid reflux,” says Jana Whitesell. “Before I found DockaTot, she was sleeping upright in a portable sleep seat and would wake two or three times every night. Since her first night sleeping in the DockaTot, she falls asleep instantly and hasn’t spit up while lying flat. She’s exclusively breastfed and will sleep 8 to 12 hours straight in her DockaTot, not even waking to nurse most nights. It must be made out of unicorn magic!”
- It’s portable and easy to wash: “I love the portability of the DockaTot,” says Jana. “We recently went out of town for an extended weekend and took the DockaTot with us. It’s so easy to throw in the car and go. I love that no matter which bed I sleep in while traveling, her sleep isn’t disrupted.” “I love that it’s easy to move from room to room and the cover is so easy to wash,” adds Sara Tortello.
- It’s extremely safe: Not only is the DockaTot free from phthalates, heavy metals and flame retardants, but its safety standards are second to none. “Founder Lisa Furuland and her team go to great lengths to create an incredibly high-quality product,” says The Tot co-founder Nasiba Adilova. “They go well above and beyond what’s required when it comes to safety testing. The fabric is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Class 1 certified, breathable and hypoallergenic.”
- It helps babies self-settle: “I love that I can put my daughter down awake in the DockaTot and she falls asleep on her own,” says Jessica Ashley. “When using a bassinet in the past, I would have to either rock or nurse my daughter to sleep and then try to put her down.”
- It helps babies sleep longer: “We noticed an immediate difference in our daughter’s sleep habits,” says Madeline Kelly. “She’s five months old and was waking up three or four times per night. The first night we used the DockaTot, she slept the entire night! She’s now only waking up once a night after sleeping for five or six hours.
- Madeline’s story is a common one. “We get so much positive feedback from happy mamas whose tots are finally getting longer blocks of sleep due to their transition into the DockATot,” says Nasiba.
- It facilitates tummy time: Tummy time is important to help babies develop motor skills and neck strength, but it’s common for them to dislike the effort it requires at first. The DockaTot provides the ideal tummy time space thanks to its rounded sides that help prop babies up when placed under their arms. Tummy time is finally fun!
- It eases crib to bed transition: The DockaTot Grand can help your child make the transition from a crib to a toddler or big-kid bed by providing a safe and cozy environment within the vast new expanse. No more falling out of bed or clunky bed rails!